Sunday, July 11, 2010

Mad About Madras

In the 80s-early 90s, I had serious madras mania.  I had madras shorts, a madras dress, and even a turquoise madras bathing suit. Seems my madra madness has returned....or maybe it never left? It's sort of entwined with my addiction to anything plaid...which fits well with my 30s obsession.  Behold, two lovely specimens of distinctly madras-y summer garments from my favourite era in fashion history! That playsuit on the cover of Vogue reminds me so much of the "romper" my junior high bff used to wear religiously.  Nothing new under the sun and all that . . . My favourite madras bespoke dress is DEFINITELY the Catrina in nudeedudee's shop.  YUM! If only that money tree would hurry up and sprout those bills on its branches!!






7 comments:

Francy said...

I love the Vogue photo. That look is adorable.

Carys said...

These are just lovely, I don't own anything plaid, but I want a lovely dress like that first one so much now!!
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

The Dreamstress said...

Love the cut of the dress AND I just picked up a piece of fabric in that EXACT madras plaid, but...I don't think I could pull off a whole madras plaid dress. Maybe a playsuit!

Louise said...

What a lovely playsuit. Too cute.

Em said...

Madras is cute and pretty--the pix you posted also make it chic.

BaronessVonVintage said...

I do think restraint is in order with madras so that you don't look too plaided out. These images made me revisit my old obsession in a new way. Glad you enjoyed 'em!

BaronessVonVintage said...

ooh, yes, Dreamstress...a playsuit would be perfect!